Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Autumn

DSCN0762

Autumn is one of my favorite seasons.  We so rarely see much of Autumn here in Utah, but this year I feel like it came and stayed for a while.  I love all the things that Autumn brings. 

School days and the excitement of learning new things, school supplies, the smell of freshly sharpened pencils (You’ve Got Mail…Tom Hanks), the vibrant colors of the tree lined streets and mountain sides especially my Autumn Blaze Maple in the front yard (above), the air that takes on a fresh, crisp scent that can’t be captured, the harvest from our gardens, Halloween costumes and candy, pumpkin patches and carving them for the front porch.  I love that it is “soup weather” again, time for homemade root beer, caramel and golden delicious apples.  I love putting away the short sleeves and pulling out the old baggy worn out sweatshirts, jumping into bed where the pillow always has a cold side.   Welcome Autumn!  Stick around for a while.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I appreciate the You've Got Mail reference! :)