Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Shaken…Not Stirred.

image

So, Silver Eagle did it again!

A nice quiet morning with Chloe and a few neighbor kids was suddenly rocked with a great big “KABOOM” from the east.  What sounded like a low flying jet turned out to be an explosion from the Silver Eagle Refinery just east of our home.

The houses shook and rattled, I’ve never seen so many neighbors in their bathrobes in my life

(not really sure I want to again!)

We even had a few that were out walking take refuge in our living room to calm down their kids.

It’s times like these that really bring the community together…

See you all at the Safety Open House next week!

(Yeah the flyer came today…coincidence?)

Good times in Woods Cross!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow- I'm glad I got to hear the perspective from our neighborhood. We were in Salt Lake at the time. And it was the WEIRDEST thing to get that invitation in the mail that very day! Well, we'll be seeing you there!

Jess said...

I know, crazy. I had a neighbor walk out in just a towel around her midsection and a towel on top of her head! I swear it wasn't me!